EnSiEL is a Consortium of Italian Universities operating in the area
of energy and power systems (Statute - Italian
It is a non-profit organization recognized and watched over
by the Italian Ministry for Education, University and Research - MIUR.
Currently, EnSiEL groups eighteen Italian Universities. At each member University, EnSiEL may constitute
its own local research units to locally coordinate the work of researchers.
The number, the qualification and the specialties of the researchers of associated Universities enables EnSiEL to play
as a team in the field of power system research, with varied knowledge and many competences.
- promotes and coordinates national and international studies, researches, consulting;
- trains to research, also by study and research grants;
- fosters the cooperation among the associated Universities,
and among them and research centers and industries, domestically and abroad;
- provides multidisciplinary support to designers, developers, users and operators of the electricity industry;
- promotes and fosters teaching and training;
- intends to be a scientific partner of national and local public bodies,
of AEEG (Italian Authority for Electrical Energy and Gas), of standardization bodies, and of public and private entities at large.
EnSiEL is a non-advocacy institution committed to:
- scientific integrity and independence
- foster scientific progress and innovation;
- inform and facilitate the dialogue between scientists, decision makers, and the general public to support decisions and actions for the benefit of society and the environment;
- encourage discipline convergence to promote new and creative ideas and to ensure that studies, analyses and assessments effectively meet the needs of society;